Excusing the fact that I hacked the life out of the bagel in the pic above- I never would have survived in a bakery-
this is a lush breakfast treat.
And to further the health trend of good fats (your avocado + feta cheese) I cooked, spread and heated all of it using my Coco Vita oil
I have managed to use coconut oil for pretty much everything of late.
The baby bump has benefited greatly from coconut oil.
As have my feet which I (although very tickly) have had my hubby rub at night. It’s what some might call we-can’t-afford-reflexology-type of action, and I feel it is a progression in our relationship- me letting him touch my toesies!
I have also used the oil in my smoothies, for my bullet proof coffee
(you replace milk with coconut oil, SO good) and to remove my make up.
Need I say more about coconut oils versatility?
Back to avocado , as my friend Alice Judge Talbot said recently “If you don’t instagram your avocado toast, did it ever exist?”.
We are sadly a generation of healthy idiots obsessed with avocados.
I once saw a quote which said “People will eat anything if it has an avocado on top of it”.
So this breakfast idea is
a mixture of spices, saltiness, textures of egg and avocado with the cheeky crunch of a toasted bagel.
Feel free to substitute the bagel with nothing at all, maybe more tomato. Some rye bread, a wrap, grains or a baked sweet potato.
My husband ate his like the burger I intended it to be. I however am a bit of messy eater and spread the lot over the plate making sure I get a bit of everything on each forkful.
- Coco vita coconut oil. Available in the larger supermarkets + most health stores
- 2 bagels halved
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 tbsps feta cheese
- 1 avocado
- tsp chilli flakes or 1/2 a red chilli finely chopped
- salt + pepper
- 1 beef tomato sliced
- Ham slices – I used slices of a shop bought pre cooked ham joint
You will need a frying pan
- Heat a tbsp of oil in the pan.
- When melted set your ham slices in the oil (if like me you prefer them crispy+warm)
- Heat on both sides until the crispiness is enough for you
- While the cooked ham slices are heating peel+mash your avocado in a bowl with the chilli flakes + feta cheese. Set aside
- Crack your four eggs into a separate bowl
- Remove cooked ham form the pan + set aside
- Allow the left over ham saltiness to stay in the pan + add another tbsp of coconut oil before pouring in your egg mixture.
- Put the sliced bagels into the toaster + slice your beef tomato
- Make your scrambled eggs to the fluffiness you desire.
- Spread your bagels with coconut oil
- Start the breakfast stack with avocado feta mixture on the bagel base, then eggs, ham + top with the tomato.
ENJOY WITH A LARGE MUG OF COFFEE
*To follow more of Aly’s posts and recipes please drop your preferred e mail address in the box to the right of your laptop or at the bottom of your mobile device.*