Inspired by The Crepe Makers best savoury crepe recipe I have ever had (see post and recipe here) ,
I have continued the love for crepes.
We had a little trip to Donegal for a few days over half term.
It was lovely to escape the internet, leave the studio closed for three days, and to soak in family time.
As mentioned here, when we visit Donegal, it’s not a time when we splash out on dinners out or expensive activities.
The simple act of cooking and beach walking is suffice for all.
So, using the flawless Nigella crepe recipe again I added these combos to have breakfast crepes two ways.
Nutty Strawberry clash
1 punnet of strawberries washed + hulled
Mixed nuts of choice. I used pistachios, flaked almonds + pecans
Take one warm crepe
Spread with greek yoghurt
Add the strawberries and sprinkle nuts
Squeeze honey on top
*If you are on a fitness drive and don’t want to use the crepe recipe, try this banana + egg paleo pancake and cut out the honey. Also up your greek yoghurt to Fage high protein yoghurt *
Warm Pineapple bomb
Half a pineapple cored and sliced into fingers
1 tbsp maple sryup
tbsp desiccated coconut
Method for warm pineapple
-Cook your crepes separately
- Heat frying pan to medium heat
- Add tbsp of butter and allow to melt
- Add tbsp maple syrup to the butter and allow to bubble a little
- Place slices of pineapple in the pan with the butter + syrup mixture
- Over about ten minutes you will need to adjust the heat down a little but allow the pineapple to brown on both sides.
- You will notice the juices of the pineapple keep the pan bubbling and from getting too sticky.
- Remove from the heat and get ready to serve
– Take one crepe on your plate
-Add the warm sticky pineapple to the top of the crepe
– Put a dollop of yoghurt on there + sprinkle with the juicy syrup mixture from the pan + the coconut
*If you are on a fitness drive to get lean then cut out the crepes + use coconut oil in the pan instead of butter. Simply have the warm pineapple + desiccated coconut on it’s own with fage high protein yoghurt instead of regular greek yoghurt. Another addition is a spoonful of vanilla protein powder mixed into your greek yoghurt to bulk it up some more*
**To keep up with more of my recipes and lifestyle please drop your preferred e mail into the subscription box to the right of your computer screen, or at the bottom of your tablet.**