As we are all in the wellbeing mind and body zone, here is an idea for your water jug.
I labelled it ‘detox’, not so you will think there is a detox plan in place over here. More that you can see this water idea as adding to your nutrition content in SO many ways, and it is a little more exciting than plain old water.
Here’s a few benefits of cucumber and lemon water
- Helps to flush the body
- Vitamin C in lemon + potassium in cucumber are some of the nutrients packed into one glass
- Water helps to hydrate you
- Can bring down blood pressure
- Cucumber water helps skin from the inside out as it contains silica which aids muscles, tendons and other connective tissues.
- Aids digestion
Make and stock it in your fridge. I use it daily when I am working in the studio.
- Half a cucumber sliced into sticks
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lime
- Inch piece of ginger
- 1+1/2 litres of still or sparkling water
- Peel the lemon, lime and ginger and put through your juicer. If you don’t have a juicer simply hand squeeze the juice from the citrus fruits and grate the piece of ginger.
- Pour water (still or sparkling) into vessel of choice.
- Add cucumber slices
- Pour lemon, lime and ginger into vessel with the water
Your drink is now ready to go.
I also find that I can get three litres out of these ingredients.
If you prefer more lemon and lime crack on as your quantities will still be good and not too potent.
More of my infused water ideas are here