Prepare for the artistic explanation of this mouth watering dish –
The juiciness of the tomatoes, the nutty flavour that the avocado takes on when it’s char grilled, the creaminess of the eggs made with coconut oil and the earthy smoked mushrooms make this dish DIVINE!
It is a great variation from the coldness when avocados are kept in the fridge!
I had this post workout
and added in two slices of wholemeal toast spread with coconut oil which aren’t featured.
There is great protein in the eggs, antioxidants in the tomatoes and good fats in the coconut oil and avocado.
- 2 eggs Scrambled eggs
- 1 avocado peeled, stone removed and cut on half
- a few cherry tomatoes
- handful mushrooms
- tbsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a very hot frying pan or grill pan
- Rotate the pan to make sure the oil covers it all.
- Add the avocado slices to the pan pressing them into the grill pan to make the marks
- Place the tomatoes and sliced mushrooms in the pan also
- Keep the heat high but not at the highest point
- Meanwhile crack your eggs, whisk and add to another pan to start scrambling.
- Season egg mixture
- Turn the avocado about 4-5minutes in and do the same with the heat on the other side.
- The aim is to make sure the heat gets through the whole piece of avocado.
- When tomatoes are soft and squishy, mushrooms are shrinking and earthy looking take off the pan
- Add scrambled eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms to the plate along with the finished avocado
- Season and serve
*So you don’t miss out on any more of my recipes or indeed if you would like my RECIPE ebook simply sign up using your e mail here Thanks for reading*